Oborishte region is part of Sofia Downtown and occupies the area between Slivnitsa Blvd, D. Nikolaev Blvd, Sitnyakovo Blvd, Han Omurtag Str, Shipka Str, Paris Str, Moskovska Str, Knyaz Alexander Batenberg Sq, Largoto and Maria Luiza Blvd. Oborishte region is situated on square surface of 3070 daa - 1433 daa of non-residential areas and 1637 daa of residential areas. The population is over 36 000 people.
The region characterizes with aristocratic buildings constructed before the Second World War and monolithic buildings from the 70s of the last century. New, luxurious office and residential buildings were constructed in the last years.
The administrative buildings in this region are: the Ministry of Councils, the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works, the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, The Energetic Committee, the Parliament building (the former House of Parties), the Capital Municipality, the Archives State Agency, the Central Cooperative Union, many embassies, etc.
The culture sites which can be visited in Oborishte are: the National Opera and Ballet, the Cinema House, the National Music Theatre 'Stefan Makedonski', The Culture House 'Sredets', the Drama Theatre 'Sofia', The National Library 'St. St. Cyril and Methodius', the Small City Theatre behind the Canal, the Gallery for Foreign Arts, the National Puppet Theatre - hall 2, the Military Historical Museum, the Theatre workshop 'Sfumato', 211 Monuments of Culture, including the Sofia mineral bath, the Youth Theatre 'Nikolay Binev', 40 monument plates, 15 monuments, including Vasil Levski Monument, Doctor's Monument, the Monument of the Unknown Soldier, the Monument of St St Cyril and Methodius, the Monument and grave of Ivan Vazov, the Monument of Alexander Stamboliyski, etc.