We travel the beautiful places around the world with Unique Estates’ team.
Mira Lazarova, editor-in-chief of Unique Estates Life Magazine, tells us about a favourite trip of hers to the United States, at the end of last year. For her this is a well-known territory which she connects with many good moments from her life. For several years, however, Mira has completely changed her travel philosophy. She does not like to feel like a tourist and stay in hotels. She prefers to enter the city as part of the people who wake up every day in it, to experience it as a local. Galleries, people, cafes, restaurants, new spaces that describe the actual life in one place, provoke her to explore it.
That's how she approaches this trip. First she has immersed in the rhythm of Laguna Beach's peaceful, holiday life - a place known for its fantastic coastal houses and beaches where one can enjoy the ocean views for hours. Then she took tours to famous museums, galleries, iconic buildings, and favourite places in Los Angeles. "Every region of the city is like a world of its own, with its unique character, taste and aroma, with a life very different from that in the neighbouring regions," she says. With her short trips from Laguna to downtown Los Angeles, Mira manages to visit The Broad Museum, the iconic Walt Disney Concert Hall by architect Frank Gehry, and the house of designer duo Ray and Charles Eames. "The feeling of aesthetics, clean lines in architecture and modern home design are impressive. Everything in the interior and the garden is maintained in the way that Ray Eames used to do it. At this home you see uniqueness, simplicity and lack of any pretension, and this what makes it genial. The space offers an absolutely new approach to the way of habitation, "says Mira.
From the naturally-filtered blue images from Los Angeles, we pass on to others, caught through the open roof of the car which took Mira to the famous Santa Ynes wine region. She tells us about fine wine tasting, cellar tours, time spent with friends, spontaneous walks, exclusive natural parks, castles, museums and buildings that will remain as an exciting memory shared with loved ones. A memory of the places, the things and the emotions she loves, a journey that we thank her for sharing with us.
Here are the places Mira Lazarova recommends:
1. Тhe Broad Museum: https://www.thebroad.org/
2. Eames House: http://eamesfoundation.org/house/eames-house/
3. J. Paul Getty Museum: http://www.getty.edu/museum/
3. Laguna Beach: http://www.visitlagunabeach.com/
4. Hearst Castle: http://hearstcastle.org/
5. Wine Country - Santa Ynez: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Ynez_Valley_AVA
6. Maxfield, a luxury boutique with specially curated vintage and contemporary collections of clothes : http://www.maxfieldla.com/
7. Brand Library and Art Centre: http://www.glendaleca.gov/government/departments/library-arts-culture/brand-library-art-center
8. The Griffith Observatory - with one of the most impressive views of the town: http://griffithobservatory.org/
9. Pacific Design Centre: http://www.pacificdesigncenter.com/
10. Chateau Marmont Hotel: http://www.chateaumarmont.com/