Waiting is over. The winners from the annual Design Wallpaper * Design Awards for 2018 were announced. There are many talented people and creative teams, as well as special places and products that deserve to be noticed. The magazine focused on design, architecture, fashion, art and lifestyle thanks to this year's jury - British architect Farshid Moussavi; Nordic cuisine trailblazers René and Nadine Redzepi; Dutch infrastructural artist Daan Roosegaarde; master minimalist Jasper Morrison; and Ethiopian model, actor and campaigner Liya Kebede – for their time and powers of discernment. And the winners are...I
1) The "Best New Hotel" category is won by the exceptional Santa Clara 1728 in Lisbon.
2) "Designer of the Year" is Philippe Malouin.
3) The “Best domestic design” won the Coffee mill, by Michael Anastassiades, for Carl Auböck and Sigmar London.
4) After Mexico became the World Design Capital 2018, the city also won the Wallpaper * Design Awards for “Best City”.
5) The “Best new public building” has a joint winner:
Zeitz MOCAA, cape town, by Heatherwick Studio
and Musée Yves Saint Laurent in Marrakech at the KO studio.
6) Ghat house, Chile, by Max Núñez Arquitectos got the “Best new private house” award.
7) Maison du Danemark, Paris and Tak in Stockholm were the “Best new restaurant” joint winners.
8) In fashion category, "Best Woman Collection for Autumn / Winter 2017" goes to Simone Rocha.
9) In the same category, "Best Male Collection for the Fall / Winter 2017 Season" goes to Alexander McQueen.
10) ‘Dot’ braille smartwatch, by Dot got the “Life enhancer of the year” award.
11) The "Best new grooming product" award goes to the German brand Less.
More information about the winners, the other nominees and the jury can be found here: